Singularity Linux

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Singularity Linux

The Singularity Linux forum is a forum for discussing Singularity Linux and Linux in general.

Believe me, I am still alive

Moose
    Moose
    Admin

Believe me, I am still alive Empty Believe me, I am still alive

Post  Moose Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Okay, so Still Alive references aside, I am back to actually producing a product. I admit that I haven't done much of anything since February, and have thus lost most of the intrest in Singularity Linux. This is entirely my fault, but I will try to do a better job of sticking to the job from here on out. In return for all if your waiting I have had time to continue thinking about the interface and what Singularity is based off of. Unlike what the main website will have you believe (I need to update it), Singularity Linux is not (presently) based off of Debian, nor does it use the IceWM window manager. Instead it is based off of PcLinuxOS due to my not being able to find a suitable Debian distribution to base off of. Lxde is the new desktop environment, but it has a different interface then you may be used to, and in my experience it is just as productive and fast while being prettier and using less screen space. I have created this custom configuration for Lxde using ADeskBar for a panel running up the side. Screenshots will be posted as soon as the interface is complete. I have switched bases several times, and because of PcLinuxOS not cooperating during the remastering process I still intend to base off of Debian. Thank you for your patience with me, and expect to see Singularity Linux 0.3.2 in the coming weeks.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:02 pm